Here's essential information for all fans travelling to VfL's upcoming away game against Arminia Bielefeld on Tuesday, 28th January 2020, kick-off 18:30 CET.
The stadium can be reached by foot from Bielefeld main station (approx. 1.2 km). Directions are signposted. Larger groups will be escorted by the police.
Food and beverages can exclusively be bought in the surroundings of the train station. Please note: there won't be a shuttle service as usual due to construction works.
By train #2:
An extra train will be added to the usual railway service! The exact departure times will be announced soon.
- Coming from Hannover direction: Supporters on the motorway A2; direction Hannover; should take exit 27 "Bielefeld Ost" and follow the signs to Bielefeld University: Lagesche Str., Ostring, Eckendorfer Str., Am Wellbach, Talbrückenstr., Westerfeldstr., Jöllenbecker Str. and Voltmannstraße.
- Coming from Dortmund: Supporters on the motorway A2 from direction to Dortmund please follow the destination "Bielefeld"; exit at the junction "Bielefeld" and enter the A33 to Osnabrück until turning off at exit 19 "Bielefeld-Zentrum". Follow sign-posting via OWD, Stapenhorststr., Wertherstr. And Voltmannstr. to the parking lot at the university.
- Coming from Paderborn: Supporters on the A33 from Paderborn please follow the destination "Bielefeld", exiting at the junction "Bielefeld to Osnabrück" before truning off on exit 19, signposted as Bielefeld Zentrum.
Follow stadium sign-posting via OWD, Stapenhorststr., Wertherstr. And Voltmannstr. to the parking lot at the university.
By bus and minivans:
- Due to a complete closure of Schloßhofstraße in the area between Melanchthonstraße and the visitors entry, buses minivans cannot be parked in the Schloßhofstraße. Visitors buses and minivans can only park alternatively in Drögestraße, including a 5-minute footwalk to the stadium. Police will refuse any ordinary cars.
Fans travelling by car are highly recommended to use the following approach: Jöllenbecker Straße – turn left into Voltmannstraße – turn left into Kurt-Schumacher-Straße – turn left into Jakob-Kaiser-Straße - turn right into Schloßhofstraße - turn left into Drögestraße. Please note: The alternative approach is calculated to take additional approx. 20 minutes.
The parking lot at Bielefeld university is highly recommended due to the restricted number of car parks around the stadium. From Bielefeld University it is 15 minutes by foot, or take tram line 4 and get off at Graf-von-Stauffenberg-Straße (tickets for the match can be used as a train ticket).
- Visiting supporters have been allocated a maximum of 2,850 tickets
- 1,320 tickets for the standing terrace A1, with 10 per cent of concessionary tickets reserved for students, trainees and retired.
- Standing Tickets are €14 (concessionary €12), seating tickets are €22 (youth: €15). Box office: €2 additional fee
- 5 seats are reserved die wheelchair users and companion. Ticket price is €8 in advance. Access via visitors section is also possible.
- Due to official terms all ticket holders have to use the north gate for entry, accessible via Schlosshofstraße.
- The box office and stadium gates open 1.5 hours before kick-off.
In case of larger fan appearances there will be a food van in front of the stadium.
- The south stand as well as block J are official home supporters sections, supporters in VfL fan gear are not allowed to enter or will be expelled.
- Flags with a size of 1.5 metres maximum.
- Banners for the fence and wave breakers (im coordination with the steward). Escape ways (yellow mark) must not be covered.
- Megaphones and drums (one-sided open) are allowed in unlimited numbers.
- Large flags, but no two-poled banners.
- Slogan banners and planned movements have to be registered until Wednesday, 12:00 CET, at the latest.
Generally, bags, backpacks etc. have to be left at the visitors' section gate, safekeeping is free of charge. Belt bags are allowed, whereas the entrainment of reflex cameras is not.
Food and beverages:
The visitors section includes numerous food stalls. Payment is cash only. At present there won't be any alcoholic beverages available for visitors at all. Exceptions regarding mixed drinks and regular Beer will be discussed by the safety administrators.
The "Almblick" inn, which has been very popular with VfL fans in the past years, no longer exists.
Any persons handed a stadium ban will not be allowed to enter the city centre. From then on there won't be any chance to witness the game.
Dirk "Moppel" Michalowski and Marian Müller from the supporter service will be at the ground on matchday.